New Patient Registration
- complete a registration form;
- attend a new patient health check with either a HCA or practice nurse.
If you are ill while away from home, guidance from the Kernow Clinical Commissioning group continues to be for patients to contact their registered GP in the first instance. If your GP then advises face to face immediate treatment, you will need to register as a temporary patient. You can receive temporary treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to re-register as a temporary or permanent patient.
If you are away from home AND NOT registered with a doctor but need to see one, you will need to register as a temporary patient.
You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP.
To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.
Test and X-ray Results
- antenatal, post natal and baby checks;
- anticoagulation point of care testing; immediate result and dosing (ie. Warfarin);
- cervical smears;
- child immunisation;
- chronic disease review:
asthma, COPD, coronary heart disease, diabetes, epilepsy, heart failure, hypertension, kidney disease, mental health, peripheral arterial disease, stroke and tia;
- family planning including coils, emergency contraception and nexplanon;
- stop smoking advice;
- surgery: minor surgery by Dr Vyvyan;
- travel advice & vaccinations;
- well person check:
weight, height, blood pressure, lifestyle advice etc. can be arranged early or late in the day.
- medicals eg insurance companies, HGV & PSV licenses etc;
- claims for private health insurance & holiday cancellation;
- private sickness certificates;
- fitness for employment, travel, sporting activities;
- some travel vaccinations.
Sexual Health Services
The website address for Sexual Health Services is:
The telephone number is:
Comments, Complaints and Compliments
- any suggestion to help us achieve this;
- a problem, concern or complaint.